Names of Allah

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The rise and rise of 2010 (pt 1)

2010 has not only been a year of achievement and consolidation for myself; but a year of wonder, humility, awe and discovery. I have no hesitation in saying it has been the greatest year of my life to date. I have traversed continents and mountains, pushed myself harder than I ever thought I could go, deepened relationships with people I care about and became stronger, fitter and wiser throughout the year.

I will thus go through the months of the year (with pictures!) from December of last year to December of this year, detailing major achievements before looking forward in part two of this post.

December 
- Passed VCE. 
- Embarked on a 16,000 km, 28 hour, epic flight on a plane headed to Europe with a close friend.
- Learnt how to Snowboard for the first time.
- Experienced a white Christmas for the first time with my sister. 
- Pretended to learn German (Gutenmorg mein freund, Wie Gehts?!)
- Had an incredible new years experience in Zurich.


 January
- Travelled from Switzerland to Germany, seeing my German (host) sister for the first time in years!
- Explored Hamburg, Berlin, Bremen and Luebeck.
- Learnt how to Iceskate
- Walked on a frozen lake



February 
- Travelled Italy on my own, seeing the towns of Milan, Verona (on Valentines day), Florence and Venice during Carnivale. 
- Farewelled Europe, coming (or leaving?) home on the 27th of Feb.





March 
 - Started my first year of a Psychology major at Deakin Univesity.
- Started Youthleading at St. Johns. 

April
- Celebrated turning 20 with friends, some of them sacrificing their clothes in a bonfire! 
- Turned in my first University assignment


May 
- Get to see the very talented John Mayer live in concert
- My beloved Tigers finally win a game.  
- Went Rockclimbing

June
- Knocked out my first HD at University
- Went to Birrarung Mar for the first time to watch Australia vs Ghana in the World Cup!  

July 
- Went on a family road trip to Broken Hill, NSW. 
- Stayed up for one week consecutively until three in the morning, watching the World Cup + Tour De France. 
- Started running again, five km every two days.




August 
- Captained the St. Johns Football Team against Diamond Valley Baptist Church. 
- Started participating in Rage Sports. 
- Saw Florence and the Machines!


September
- Shaved my dreadlocks off for charity, raising $1050 for the Chronic Fatigue Society of Victoria. 
- Saw Angus and Julia Stone live! 
- Started teaching a friend guitar :)
- Got his nostalgia on, by having an Nintendo 64 night with friends.
- Led on a youth camp (Camp Crave!) for the first time. 

 
October
- Finished my first year of University
- Started working as a Gardener for Jims Mowing. 
- Went on a 70km bike ride, from Warringal Park to the City and back.  
- Gained my very beautiful guitar, an Epiphone Les Paul.
- Started the Radical Change blog.

November

- Played lasertag in a suit
- Joined my church worship band
- Went on a spontaneous roadtrip to Mt. Buller
- Watched the sunrise from the peak of Mt. Buller
- Went Paintballing with some of my friends
- Threw darts at paintfilled balloons.

- Told a very beautiful girl how I felt about her
- Started a relationship with aforementioned beautiful girl.


December

- Went to the zoo. 
- I had a picnic :)
- Saw Muse live
- Saw three unsigned bands live
- Finished an 80 km ride from Port Fairy to Warrnambool.

 Tell me.
What was the highlight of your year?

No comments:

Post a Comment