Technology &ATIC Technology Tools
Let us introduce you to the latest tools and technology, gadgets and gear, designed to keep your team nimble, mobile and move your business strategy into the 21st century.
- Wireless for the Clueless
- Everything you need to know to get untethered, at home and on the road. Alison Overholt
- Play the Cell Phone Game...
- And win! Just take our simple test, then match your persona to the right phone and plan! Alison Overholt
- One Man`s Trash
- Trash heaps of outdated PCs are being turned into a treasure trove of low-tech innovation by a group of feisty Brits. As XP renders even more PCs obsolete, can their upstart movement go global? Ian Wylie
- My High-Tech Road Test
- Collect the top-rated gear for road warriors, take it all on a 36-hour business trip-and what do you get? The final word on whether this stuff really works. Gina Imperato
- Quain`s Top 10: Road Weary
- Ten tech tips to make your trip smoother. John R. Quain
- Tools of the Trade Center
- Find out how handheld computers and GPS systems are helping fire chief Joseph Pfeifer`s team of firefighters document and track evidence found at the world`s largest crime scene: ground zero. Fara Warner
- If You Have Received This by Mistake...
- Email was supposed to make your life easier, faster, and cheaper -- not messier, uglier, and cheesier. Here's how to keep the spam off your plate. Alison Overholt
- Pack Light, Stay Connected
- The Fast Company guide to travel and technology: How to fly in style and keep in touch. Alison Overholt
- All the News That`s Fit to Blog
- Say good-bye to the old-school pundits on the op-ed page of the "New York Times." It`s time to blog. John Ellis
- It`s Written on the Tablets!
- It`s practically an eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt have a Tablet PC. But which one? Alison Overholt
ATIC Technology ToolsATIC houses a large inventory of adaptive technology "tools", including adaptive hardware, software, and stand-alone devices. These tools are designed to increase user experience and accessibility when using a computer. In addition to hardware and software designed for persons with disabilities, we maintain a collection of ergonomic keyboards and pointing devices. We do our best to keep the tools we provide current and relevant to the needs of MIT community users. We welcome suggestions for new additions to our collection. For a demonstration of any of our tools, please